Established in 1960 by the great educational visionary Brahmaleen Shri Mahant Indiresh Charan Dass Ji, SGRR (PG) College is one of the best colleges of Uttarakhand. During its journey of 54 years, the college has carved a niche for itself due to the following :
- It imparts quality education to a wide spectrum of students. At present, students from more than 22 states are getting education in the college at nominal cost.
- The college is a part of SGRR Education Mission which is running more than 130 Public Schools all over North India, a 750 bedded Shri Mahant Indiresh Hospital, a Medical College, an Institute of Technology & Science, 08 Intermediate Colleges and a Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya under the aegis of Shri Darbar Sahib which is a 338 year old religious and philanthropic organization.
- The college which started with a few subjects at undergraduate level in 1960 is today imparting education in 26 subjects under the faculties of Arts, Science, Education, Agriculture and Commerce, besides offering PG Diploma in Mass Communication.
- In 2011, the college was selected for the coveted CPE (College with the potential for Excellence) Status by UGC.
- The college has a lush green campus of 62.5 acres. It has well furnished labs and a rich library with e-access to more than 6000 e-journals and 97,000 e-books; besides 43,396 books in print. The college is also a Centre of National Testing Service (NTS), Women’s Studies Centre, Uttarakhand Open University, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Regional Directorate of Uttarakhand Open University has its office at the college.
- The college has highly qualified and dedicated teachers and disciplined students which ensures bright academic results. Last year the aggregate pass percentage was 98%. Due to excellent academic environment of the college, 93 INSPIRE students have taken admission in the college.
- The college has wi-fi facility on campus.
Visited 935 times, 1 Visits today